Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Other Side of the Table

Auditions for my new play were Thursday and Friday. Call-backs yesterday. Holy toledo, what I have learned from the other side of the table.

-Everyone wants to be having fun in an audition room. Have as much fun as possible.
-Try new things. If you get direction, take it too far rather than not far enough.
-Do you.
-They say don't be nervous, but, like, actually, don't be nervous.
-You're unique, so know that and show that. In the words of Powerline, stand out.

I can't believe these words I have written on my own, early in coffee shops, late in my camp bunk, on the living room couch, were recited all day by strangers. This play, it is happening.

I'm really too young to be feeling this old.
It's about time you admit it, who you kiddin'?
And nobody's ever done it like I did it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I heard you saying this...and I will keep this in mind at my next audition!