Friday, June 14, 2013

No Other Gods

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me," is a thing a lot of people get taught. I have the ten commandments written on an index card behind my bedroom door. They're a decent read.

Ditto American Gods, which I am currently involved with. Gods of past, gods of present, gods of this "culture."

When I was leaving Vancouver, I had a stress lump in my throat. "I'm on vacation, I shouldn't be this way," I thought. I texted my sister, and she responded, "Responsibilities are gods." True, sis.

I am going to worship gods. It's going to happen. I kneel at the shrine of Mindy Kaling and gym shorts. But I want to choose what to worship. I am not going to be tricked into it! No tripping into manholes of concern.

Ideas are more difficult to be killed than people, but they can be killed, in the end.

No comments: