Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful for Steve Martin

Yo yo yo comin' at cha from my dad's living room on Thanksgiving! Today I ran in a four mile run. It stopped raining right before start time! Thankful. It stunk of cooking turkeys during the last mile through the residential area, but I didn't yarf! Thankful. Pookie and Pops came out to support me in da cold cold cold. Thankful. Nommed a big ol' bunch of food later in the day. Thankful.


Reppin' the Giants!

I am reading a book by Del Close and Charna Halpern. It is absolutely smashing. I just can't get enough of comedy education. I loved Steve Martin's biography. I waited years to read it, and I finally did last month. I finished while I was running on a treadmill. The end was very moving and made me cry. No one could tell because I sweat. A lot. As was evidenced today.

"What is comedy? Comedy is the art of making people laugh without making them puke." -Steve Martin

No comments: