Monday, November 1, 2010

Cracker Barrel Caper

1. After I picked my sister up from the airport last week, we ate at Cracker Barrel.

Ia. I do not care what you say, Cracker Barrel is the cat's pajamas. The blueberry pancakes are supes fluffy, you can get biscuits and molasses, and two eggs with toast for like two dollars.

1b. Plus that little peg mind-game at every table.

2. We each got eggs and toast plus coffee plus hash browns etc.

3. Our dinner was twelve dollars total.

4. I paid.

5. Our waitress was really nice. Pookie insist she get a good tip.

6. I gave her over 20%, putting the total cost of meal a little over 16 bucks.

7. We went to Fro My Goodness and spent almost as much on frozen yogurt as we had on dinner.

8. We commented on and laughed about this.

9. I checked my bank statement a couple days ago and found a charge to the Cracker Barrel $25.67.

10. I was sure this is not right because we had specifically jokes about the low cost of dinner.

11. I became suspicious of the cashier who could have easily fudged my tip section.

12. I found the receipt in my car! Indeed, the meal was $16 with tip!

13. I had busted an employee for fraud!

14. I looked up the establishment's number and grew excited. I was really to demand at least a $100 gift card. They owed me a ten buck refund, plus they had committed fraud, PLUS what if there had been an overdraft fee? Free biscuits on the road forever and ever amen.

15. I was about to make the call today, so I checked my banks statement once more to be sure of the exact amount I was charged.

16. The statement detailed a $25 purchase from Crate and Barrel.

17. Smack head. Lots.

No comments: