Sunday, August 6, 2023

Lessons In Gjetost

When I was 23 or so my aunt and I visited my sister in St Louis. We didn't have any plans besides definitely going to this adorable little spot The Chocolate Bar. Tax Aunt had been a couple years earlier. She loved it so much. We were all enthused about this plan! But then we left a little late and the drive took a little longer and by the time we got in, we'd have to race to the bar before it closed and we kind of looked haggard and we were spent, so to our dismay, we dashed our only plan.

But my sister rallied. She would make the cheese board of our DREAMS! And what do you know? When the cheese board was presented my aunt gasped at the sight of the gjetost on the plate. The fancy caramelized cheese we all first discovered at the Chocolate Bar! She said, "To be honest, the whole reason I wanted to go...was to eat this cheese." And then my sister said, "I just wanted to be with you both. I didn't care about going at all!" I agreed, neither did I! I just wanted for Tax Aunt to get what she wanted! And for us to have a nice time! And guess what? We did.