Friday, July 31, 2020

Cherry

Made a pan of brownies Sunday night. We conveniently had a new tub of Extreme Moose Tracks in the freezer too. Once I realized I also had a pint of heavy whipping cream there was no turning back from a full-on sundae. I spent a solid minute staring at the jar of maraschinos I keep on hand for Shirley Temples. In my bowl, two pipin' hot brownies, two scoops of quality frozen dairy product, topped with fresh cream. "Put the cherry on top," I told myself. I didn't feel like eating a cherry though. "Just throw it away later if you don't want to eat it. Complete it," I told myself. But why waste something, anything, just to be "right"? And "right" is clearly far too strong a word. Best? Not even. I wasn't even planning on taking a photo. Should we be picture perfect for no reason? Is a picture reason to be perfect in the first place? Ate the sundae plain. Putting a cherry in my seltzer tonight though.

No comments: