Saturday, January 19, 2019

Jan 19 2019

5:10 - wake up for no reason, read Reddit, spend twenty minutes analyzing one meme
6 - make way to the couch and start researching Rhett Miller and Gillian Jacobs for work
7 - nausea hits: stop researching, start barfing
8 - retch and retch, there's nothing left in me, and still I retch
8:30 - stare at the ceiling, Puhg gives me a wet washcloth for my forehead
10:00 - nap in bed, with the new bed frame that I love dearly
11 - finally the demon in my gut has been expelled
11:20 eat two saltines
11:30 - rapidly finish all the day's work
12 - email the bosses my files
12:10 - go on a sunny, slow neighborhood walk with Puhg
1:15 - arrive at the office in shorts, clutching a box of saltines
1:30 - start planning next week at work - Chris Sullivan, Chris Sullivan, what to do with Chris Sullivan
1:45 - everyone in the office wears face masks as we type
2:15 - at some point the girls who have never done improv decide they want to try it but are too scared to ever take a class, I say I will lead a workshop, and so we do a workshop in the celebrity greenroom
2:50 - everyone gives me a a lot of heartfelt compliments about how great I am at teaching, I am really moved, but also sometimes I worry I was meant to be a teacher more than meant to be a writer, it is difficult to not be in a classroom, I check my work email every week wondering how my old students are doing, I still get inquiries from CPS if I can run a drama workshop for girls at risk, and I wish I could so much, there must be ways I can do it out here, but right now I don't have the time, maybe when this season ends I can get down to Long Beach where a retirement home once asked me to come, I emailed a local prison to see if I can visit inmates, I worry about them
3:10 - I try to be productive, but the writer's PA asks me to read her sketches, so I do and give feedback, but I try not to give too much, like I would have three years ago
4 - the internet is down down down, more to do, but must be done later
4:45 - drive through Taco Bell and get three items each for me and Puhg, it silently breaks out rule of "two items only" but neither of us says anything
5:30 - we watch a Survivor rerun and regret breaking our rule
6 - wiped, I lay on the couch and scroll on my phone, I want to answer, like, one email but I can't
6:30 - curl my hair, put button-up, powder, my pearl lip gloss
6:50 - Lyft to the theatre
7 - warm-ups, cipher about birthdays, and meet new girls I recognize
7:30 - perform Phantom of the Grocery Store the musical
8:30 - greet my aunt and Puhg in the lobby
9 - watch the reunion of peanuts
9:30 - girls' night at the LF diner: milkshakes and tuna melts
10:30 - the steep walk home
11:00 - need some chips and about thirty minutes of The Bachelor
11:40 - Duolingo goodnight

No comments: