Sunday, August 28, 2016

Saturday

Emergency trip to Target to buy a curling iron, both of mine are broken, the bus was twenty minutes late, so I walked in the rain, getting sweaty under my slick jacket, while there I also better get a notebook for lessons plans, oh god I still haven't finished the syllabus, school is in five days, later later later, do a Jillian Michaels workout, it's hard, I whimper, "I'm dying" but gotta get the energy out, use the new curling iron, it's not that great, did I keep the receipt? I hope so I don't remember I have to eat a big breakfast, I'm going to be busy through lunch, spinach bowl and four strips--no eight strips--veggie bacon, pack my duffel bag full, now I'm really pushing it, I jump in the Lyft, I arrive one minute late to my first writing packet writing class, the teacher is three minutes late, he launches in right away and does not let up for forty minutes, shoot I thought I'd have had a moment to--apologize before 1 PM? I raise my hand an say I have to go, I do, my Lyft is taking a while I get a coffee at Whole Foods, it's too strong, I don't drink it, I arrive at SC, we warm up, we go right into setting the lights, setting the lights, run this group scene, last minute adjustments, makeup, hair, sitting for half an hour, not quite enough time to read, I look at my lines, I look at the running order, we get "places" so I'm in the left corner backstage by the mic I do the fire call, yes I'm doing the fire call, "In accordance with Actor's Equity there will be no photography of any kind allowed" and I'm on stage, you know the one like everyone ever performed on that one, we do the thing, I change, Puhg greets me with a bag of Old Navy shorts, he just went shopping, he was in the fourth row, I saw him, we meet my castmates sipping complimentary drinks, I have a big pretzel, I'm really hungry, in ten minutes my old company is starting their show, I run upstairs to the cab theatre, wait in line to comp myself in, at the front the girl tells me I'm waiting at a bar, who knew, I get in and sit with Flood's boyfriend, I laugh loud and proud I love them, I give all the congrats, I sit on a bench for ten minutes, go into a classroom, my new group, I've been plopped in, they're all thick as thieves, also everyone dressed up in 80s attire for the show, everything is strange, we warm up and talk about our form, in an hour we're doing it, it's weird, it's over, I run into Dum, we walk to the Brown line together and catch up, talk and talk until my stop comes, I text girlfriends and ask if they're out or if they have brownies, no one does, omg I am hungry, I make it home and eat crackers and cheese, Puhg is sleepy and sad (he watched The Pianist while I did an improvised After School Special), it's time for bed, it's time for bed.

No comments: