Sunday, August 9, 2015

3 3 3

I feel like a quote out of context
withholding the rest,
so I can be for you what you want to see.
I got the gesture and sound,
got the timing down.
It's uncanny, yeah, you think it was me.
Do you think I should take a class
to lose my southern accent?
Did I make me up, or make the face till it stuck?
I do the best imitation of myself.
The "problem with you" speech

you gave me was fine.
I liked the theories about my little stage.
And I swore I was listening,
but I started drifting
around the part about me acting my age.
Now if it's all the same
I've people to entertain.
I juggle one-handed, do some magic tricks, and
the best imitation of myself.
Maybe I'm thinking myself in a hole

wondering, who I am when I ought to know.
Straighten up now, time to go
fool somebody else. Fool somebody else.
Last night I was east with them

and west within
trying to be for you what you wanna see,
but I can't help it with you,
the good and bad comes through.
Don't want you hanging out with
no one but me.
Now if it's all the same,
it comes from the same place.
And if my mind's somewhere else,
you won't be able to tell.
I do the best imitation of myself.
Yes, it's uncanny to see
you'd really think it was me.
The best imitation of myself.
The best imitation of myself.

No comments: