Sunday, March 9, 2014

Spring Break 2014: Best Friend Reunion IV

Muffy and I are halfway through out Fourth Annual Best Friend Reunion. I am so grateful for this person for a trillion reasons. But something I always especially cherish is that we were not seeking friends when we met. Halfway through college, content in relationships, satisfied with school. It would have been easy to let it all fly away, confetti post-parade. But here we are! I am sitting on her bed! The same bed I stayed in two years ago on my visit! The same bed we had girl talk on the night before she got married! If there is a spark of love, you must nourish it! It will not lead you astray! Love does not lead astray!
Skyline Drive National Park in Virginia. Yesterday.
There's no hiding for me.
I'm forced to deal with what I feel.
There is no distraction to mask what is real.
I could pull the steering wheel.

No comments: