Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Although I Am Grateful...


Mouse has it so easy

Some things I would really like right now:

-Some delightful fare--a caesar salad or some eggs benedict (I am hungry hungry hungry today)
-Guaranteed dry bed
-Unsandy feet when getting in said bed
-A bug zapper
-A clue about the big picture of my life

I know if I knew what my life is going to hold I'm sure I would be overwhelmed, depressed, or bored because...well because that's how it is for most of us. I'm sure if someone showed me my life now five years ago I would have burst into tears. I'm sure I didn't do things I thought I wanted or did things I thought I didn't want. But, I could comfort my past self by saying, "Oh, but you'll be happy!"

Which, I guess, I already do know about the next five years. So. Um. Got it.

Someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far behind me.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Mouse is still alive!? Amazing!

I mean, I guess Rajah's still going strong so that makes sense, I just keep thinking of the time Mouse licked a lightbulb and am proud of her continued existence.