Monday, November 2, 2009

Pink Pony Alert!




Know how you ask a kid what they want for Christmas and they say A PONY! Pause. A PINK PONY!

The kid knows he won't really get the pony. I mean, if he did, what would he do with it? Instead he settles knowing he'll get Mousetrap or Crossfire or Creepy Crawlers set. But then what should trot out from behind the evergreen? AN EFFING PINK PONY!

Pink Ponies: Having an outlandish fantasy that actually comes true. Well B's & G's do I have one for you!

My sissy and I have daydreamed about being in college together since I moved to STL junior year and would visit her at school something like every other week. What if we could have been roommates in Sylvester (the upper-class house we have both been president of)?!?! What if we had taken Shakespeare's Tragedies together?!?! We could have performed at a Starbrooks together! We could have standing breakfast dates! Be gym buddies! It's a fun game with a sad ending. A sigh and the five years that have kept us from our pink dreams.

There have been several complications with the stage manager for the fall play. We have had to switch them out a few times already, and it was getting to crunch time with the play opening this week. No more time to mess around--my director needed a pro.

My director asked my sister to stage manage for my play. Pookie agreed! A commute sure, but only for one week. And NOW for the first time EVER we will have matching production shirts. She calls over the intercom, "Actors. Five minutes." I answer back (in what everyone swears is the exact same voice) "Thank you, Five!"

No comments: