Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Friends

A bug was in the shower. A tiny winged thing. "This isn't safe," I warned them. "Please fly away from here." Luckily they did, but not far enough. Just to the other end of the shower. "No,  no," I clarified. "Out of here altogether." They flew behind the curtain, but after I rinsed my hair, I saw a black dot in the drain.

I used my lotion bar with my foot propped on the tub's edge. An itty bitty spider watched from the wall. I greeted her, it's nice and warm in here for winter, hm?

The hamster wakes and sniffs, loudly. She gets a sunflower seed. The shrimp walk across rocks. One stands still as the shadow from my head shades the tank. I look into the little friend's eyes. I think they look back, but they will never understand. And neither will I.

No comments: