Friday, March 10, 2023

But Ahedonia Still, Yesterday

I woke up early before my alarm, nervous. I've been nervous. There's too much weighing on me, nibbling at me. My taxes, my gums, letters I sent and letters I meant to send.

I read my summery book, wrote in my journal, sipped a favorite tea (caramel shortbread). I did a hiit dance workout, showered while brainstorming for a feature pitch I have next week. I decide I need an iced coffee and bagel with strawberry cream cheese. I text my high school idol, "Dunkin?" She writes back "chocolate glazed if possible plz and thank u." I get a non-fat latte for my best friend in this cursed town. 

I sing along to ska covers on the drive west. I tuck into the upper deck office and write two scripts. I kick around ideas with Cowsk and AP. I'm tasked with writing a song. I begin tinkering. We all get Gwyneth Paltrow's salads and brownies for lunch. I send a couple emails to Giant Toy Conglomerate about my newest revisions. I'm in a fight with Giant Toy Conglomerate for not paying me on time.

I bounce early because I have movie tickets to the newest film in my favorite franchise. I jet home to my partner who I love immensely, shove licorice into my purse, and we meet our friends at the AMC. I get popcorn and root beer. I answer last minute texts from ____ ____'s exec. Another interested producer might attach to our project. The movie is fun. We four stand outside talking about it and life for 90 minutes before it's finally time to move it. I walk to the grocery store for veg bacon, which is on sale. I listen to more ska on the patio and then eat a whole bag of Sun Chips while watching You. I fall asleep easily, imagining waves.

No comments: