Monday, February 27, 2023

Some Highlights of the Shortest Month (Partial List, In No Order)

80 for Brady with Lo, extra popcorn, Saturday matinee

Hiking the Observatory with friends I knew in college who knew me in high school

Pastries with my dad

Rewatching My So-Called Life on the projector in the bedroom

Mexican restaurant booth, free chips and salsa

Invite to the pinkest, cutest, Galentines party in town

Email from a very important woman: "Looking forward to our paths crossing again soon!"

Fuge with two of my favorite performers

What a week: closing a deal, celebrating with a karaoke truck, pitching anew in the morning, filming a music improv TV episode the next morning, hiking a mountain with a bachelorette party the next morning

Three other gals and I lighting prayer candles at the vegan restaurant for delusions

Walking the river and discussing union power with someone who's lost someone

Tried my hand at writing a difficult essay, positive reviews from my first reader

Double date with friends who feel like friends

An incredible play in Atwater

Changing Mur's life, he says

Tried to huddle in a corner of the Pasadena cafe, but someone had staked her claim. Ended up with a much better seat against the fireplace. I hunkered there for hours. An old man told me he was celebrating his birthday. He warned that God gave me a brain to follow my own path, not be part of someone else's.



Nobody tells you when you're young / how some friends will become strangers / and there is no greater danger than to live in fear. / Nobody tells you when you're young / cause a rebel heart won't listen / but to grow you must go missing, just don't disappear. / The wisdom's in the living, not the years.

No comments: