Monday, December 24, 2012

Grinch's Log: Entry #0007

Shells' gift. Filled with pb.
The days are long and full of sugar, artificial heat. Stir crazy is setting in. 7th day in my sister's tiny apartment. First mate Char keeping up the morale, but also falling asleep pretty regularly. Henchman Pookie on KP--washing dishes with lightening speed from the multiple entrees of pie and mallomars I am consuming at breakneck pace.

Journeyed to a local cinema to see a buffalo nickel movie yesterday. Ironically, we chose Argo, you know, the one about the hostages. Hitting too close to home. In other news, still hating the cold, snow, being indoors, having to drive everywhere, and, of course, Christmas in general.

Waiting for heart growth steroids. Worried will not arrive based on holiday parcel traffic. Fear for my henchman and first mate. Their souls are subject to my bitter seasonal rage, anxiety, and moodiness. Over and out.

2 comments:

leequarrie said...

And now Alice, I find myself wishing for you a dangerous thing. My wish for you is patience and the ability to breath through the slow and dragging moments. These are equal to the part of life that we think of as Life (with a capital "L".) I wish for you to cherish and value the yin and yang of it all.

I'm sorry to wish this for you because wishing for something from the Universe usually means having to stare into its gaping maw, it's stinking hot breath blowing up your nostrils. The good news is that when the Universe inhales, you do not have to smell the stench, instead you see the glory of IT ALL.

That is why I wish it for you.




KDunt said...

I didn't know you didn't like Christmas, why not?