I'm in a terrible mood
if I go too long
without writing.
I wonder about you.
Like when you'd be at the dark wood desk
back to me,
in a storm cloud.
I'd wonder if you were angry
because you were writing
or if you were angry because you hadn't
gotten to write
sooner.
I wonder if you feel connected to something bigger
like I do. I wonder if you feel you were put on earth for it
like I do. I wonder if you know what will put you in a good mood
like I do. And I wonder if you remember when you knew,
like I might. I was at the gray box,
just like you.
I wonder about you--
like what you're working on now and why and inspired by what,
like what pieces are your all timers and which are your duds,
like what part of the process always annoys
like what part of the process always delights
and what would you approach differently
if you could rewrite anything,
or all of it. There's still time to revise.
No comments:
Post a Comment